Beyond HTML: Programming Dyn Web Pages in Apache
02/04/1999 at 12:00 AM
There are some things you just can’t do with static web pages. Ever wonder how sites like slashdot work, or how you can do things like check you email from a web page? Well, then this presentation is for you!
Web servers can be used to create programs that output HTML These programs are the basis of dynamically changing web pages and web based applications. This presentation will provide short introductions to three programming environments available for the Apache web server, PHP, mod_perl and Java servlets.
* What are dynamic web pages and why are they important (10 Min/John)
* Why I like Mod_perl (20 Min/Damian)
* What’s cool about PHP (20 Min/Chris)
* Servlets rule! (20 Min/Joel)
* Panel discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of each / Q and A (whatever time is left)